8/23/10

Simple solutions to simple problems

Old Jimmy Joe is back! I can't resist getting the Stand back on track any more than Steve Nodine can fight the urge to lick the residue from an empty loritab bottle. I thought it would be a good warm up to start this plunge back into the cyber world with a simple list of responses to current events. I don't really keep abreast of the workings of the world beyond whether Brett Favre will play again this year or how many "Car-Jacking FREE" days Mobile can string together. The majority of my news comes from 106.5 on my daily commute. I hate to read anything over 500 words so I stick to really short articles in the Lagniappe, sound off or things overheard in line at the grocery store. So in an attempt to keep this short.....

1. Jersey Shore is an absolute obsession. Sorry but you know it is true. GTL...GFF..IFF my smosh fanatics!

2. I think the government should give childless couples a tax credit. I am less of a drain on resources.

3. BP is never going to pay you people so just find something else to do.

4. The city is cracking down (supposedly) on the homeless and all this change begging.....Is it possible we could use some of that effort to stop all the people doing the same in front of every grocery store and at every stop light on the weekends. If you don't have enough money for your kid to play little league then don't sign them up....and no I do not want to fund your mission trip because the old collection plate was a little light this year. Begging is begging!

5. My satellite TV has 700 channels devoted to infomercials...I thought people were broke.

6. I never vote...There I said it

7. Are we still at war with someone...if so...who exactly are we fighting now?

8. By the time Mobile gets an airplane contract....we will be using teleportation devices.

9. I have fired so many people this year, I should have my own show.

10. Yes the lady at the gas station on Hillcrest is high as a kite!

2. The constitution...need I say this one more time...is outdated. I know that is controversial, but you can't build an Islamic golden dome of worship on this location....End of story. When did common sense and a backbone get replaced with stupidity. While we are talking about it....No you can't go through the express lane with 35 items. No you can't buy Marlboros with pennies and nickles while 6 people wait in line. NO you can't just drive in any direction across a parking lot. NO you can't just leave your buggy in the parking space next to you. NO spandex and a T-shirt is not a good choice for you.


Well that's it for now....and remember vampires are NOT real!

2 comments:

Kimberly Wright said...

LMAO Welcome Back!

Jersey Shore sucks.
I am not so sure you childless people are less of a drain on our resources.
I can't agree with you more about the begging at every corner on the weekends. That goes for Firemen and Police too.
You don't vote? Holy Hell.
No shit about the lady on Hillcrest.
Still stand by the constitution, and yes they should be able to build a Mosque there. We are a house divided because Mr. K is with you.

Hope you keep the Stand open awhile.

Min said...

I'm totally with Brew and Mr. K on this stuff!